Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We're Here!

Well I just spent my first day in Hong Kong as a resident. Although I don't have my HK card yet and I'm living in a hotel I still feel that this is my new home. It's funny...I've always wanted to live on an island, in a  big city and in another country and somehow I've managed to do all 3 at once!

We went to see our apartment today and it's even nicer than I remember. I really do love the big rooms and gorgeous view. The previous owners left us a very large houseplant so we already have something living there. I sort of like that idea.

I went in search of furniture this afternoon. That was a test of my patience. It seems they really want to sell everything custom made which takes 8-10 weeks for delivery. I explained that I need furniture now and that I am happy to purchase in stock items. They thought I was rather daffy, but did understand my predicament. And don't get me started on beds. They carry Asian, European and American sizes so you purchase the mattress and then have the bed made to fit. Again there must be something out there that will work. Tomorrow I go to Ap Lei Chau which is over in Aberdeen. I've been told that area has large warehouses full of furniture. I'm sure I'll be able to find some things there.

By the way it was 66 degrees F here today. Eat your heart out St. Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment